Letter From The "Editor"

         For as long as I've been performing I've always wanted to start a music blog. Even to this day I surf various sites daily and read about pop music culture. I actually attempted to start one several years back. I made a sweeping declaration on Facebook and started writing. In this first attempt I reviewed some of my fellow colleagues music, and some albums that I really loved. It never really stuck though. I think it was because I thought it wouldn't make me any money, I didn't think I was a strong writer, or I just didn't believe in it myself. All of those reasons made me quit.

        After years of doing social media work for others I became somewhat knowledgeable of online marketing. I'm no social media guru, but I like to think I know what kind of content people will react to or what they like. With this new found knowledge I decided to use it to mouth off to one of the biggest electronic dance music blogs out (I'll leave you to guess which one). They blocked me on every platform right before they decided to poke fun at some of my social media posts. Saying this “humbled” me was an understatement. From that day I vowed they would have no choice to unblock me, and praise my music in the future (they haven't wrote about me yet).

        Fast forward a couple years, and the coronavirus started running rampant. Due to health & safety concerns this canceled every gig that I had on the calendar. Over the first lockdown (or whatever you want to call it) I was able to brainstorm a few ideas and decided to put them into action. One of them was to start a music blog (again). Once again all the reasons that stopped me from writing in the first place came back. This time I ignored these thoughts and pushed on. What did I have to lose? Writing the first 10 articles was one of the hardest things I've done, but it was so satisfying when they were complete. I did something not a lot of people do. Plan an idea, and follow through with it.

        I will use Dance More Laugh More to try to expose people to music they normally don't listen to, and to tell some of the crazy stories I've acquired over the years. I believe Dance More Laugh More has the potential to be bigger than what I can even imagine. I might be a small fish in a big pond, but I'm swimming! That's the first step. I'm sure you've heard this before, but anything worth building takes hard work and consistency. I'd like to thank everyone that has read Dance More Laugh More so far, and to those that will continue reading it in the future.  



Comments

Popular Posts